Saturday, June 7, 2008

Should I be Scared?

So Doc keeps asking me if I've thought about his proposal and I just keep saying I need more time. To be honest I dont think I really wanna be tied down in SL. I love flirting too much. Maybe eventually I could get over it but tonight he started talking about how it would be nice to meet me in Real life. I kinda blew it off and said "Yea, shame we live to far away" but he kept going on about how great it would be then he asked if we could meet in real life some day. I tryed to just kinda brush it off again and said "Yea. maybe" But now thatI think about it, he's gettin a little too into this. He even asked my Real name and if I talk about to SL to my RL friends. No, I don't, unless Ive got a really funny story.

SECOND LIFE STAYS IN SECONDLIFE
REAL LIFE STAYS IN REAL LIFE
THEY SHOULDNT MIX!

I'm wondering if I should end it with him. I really don't want to hurt him but its getting kinda creepy. Like I'll ask how was his day or what he did and all he will say was I sat around waiting an missing you, thats cute but not good for making conversation. Which we are not very good at together. I need someone I can talk horror movies, and books, and other things I love. Not just how great I am. I don't know what to do.

1 comments:

Alicia Chenaux said...

You wanted my advice, so here we go. :)

I absolutely do not think that you should accept his proposal if you are in any way uncomfortable and if you are not on the same page he is on. It would not be fair to either of you. There are people in SL who don't mind sharing RL information, and there are people who prefer not to let RL infringe on their SL time. It is unbelievably hard to have a "mixed" relationship like that.

I don't think you're doing him any favors by staying with him, even if you do care about him. You need someone who is more like you, just as he needs someone who will not mind blurring the line between RL & SL. But of course, the choice is ultimately yours on if you stay or go.

Hope this helps, and I hope things work out for you!!